Monday, March 28, 2011

Caroline Day

One Year ago today Rick and I became parents in a hotel lobby in Nanchang, China. In some ways in seams like we have always had Caroline and in other ways I question where the year went. A year ago Caroline slept in her stroller and watched TV all night. That was after she cried for two hours. It became clear that she loved the stroller and the stroller became our friend. One year later she still loves the stroller and she loves to go but can I count the ways our girl has grown. She loves to laugh, play and talk. She loves her mom and dad and big sister and brother. Tonight we will celebrate Caroline Day with green and pink butterfly cupcakes. I will end tonight the same way I ended a year ago. I will thank God for our answered prayers and I will pray for the mother that left her so she could be ours.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi,

I was searching for information on adopting from China and found your blog. Congrats on your new beautiful little girl! I was curious which agency you went through, and if you'd recommend them. I saw you linked to http://www.livinghopeadoption.org/ - are they who you used?

Thanks,
Maggie
padawansguide at gmail dot com