Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: Our Cold Weekend




My husband and I were both raised in Florida. He was born in NJ and I was born in NC but we both moved to Florida as very young children. He stayed in Florida for both undergraduate and graduate degrees. I went to college in Tennessee and graduate school in North Carolina. I even spent my first five years of teaching in Charlotte NC. I remember the excitement of snow and I even enjoyed some of the winter clothes.  However, with all that said neither of us like the cold.  I really am a sandals and no socks girl. On Face Book I have seen all of my old friends in snow and very warm looking clothes. I have not been jealous. I do miss the fall but I am really quite happy with the change of seasons in Florida. (hurricane, rainy and tourist) I was reminded of my dislike for the cold this weekend. It started getting cooler on Friday night. It was even cold enough to enjoy a fire outside. Saturday was a little bit colder. Caroline’s swim lessons were canceled due to the weather and we turned the heater on in the house and the car. I enjoyed running and even enjoyed pulling out some long sleeve shirts for Caroline.  However, Sunday we woke up to  rain and 41 degrees outside and the enjoyment faded. Our long anticipated Easter photo shoot was canceled, the birthday party in the park was canceled and we Floridians went looking for anything inside to do.  As I was looking tonight for better lotion for my skin because I could already feel it drying, I could not help but laugh we really are spoiled and yes we do live in paradise. God Bless our Northern friends in the cold. Stay warm.














We found some fun in the "inside " playground

Enjoying our fire on Friday Night







Ni Hao Yall

2 comments:

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

I am SO feeling your Florida cold pain!! I too live in Florida, and we turned out furnace on for the first time in a year and I went to bed last night in flannels and wool socks. How crazy is this? Yes, I am feeeling alot more sympathy for our northern friends too. Thank you for stopping by my blog...I hope we can stay connected. Your blog header is so adorable!

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

I am SO feeling your Florida cold pain!! I too live in Florida, and we turned out furnace on for the first time in a year and I went to bed last night in flannels and wool socks. How crazy is this? Yes, I am feeeling alot more sympathy for our northern friends too. Thank you for stopping by my blog...I hope we can stay connected. Your blog header is so adorable!