Friday, March 12, 2010

One more week!

One more week of work and then I will be off work until the beginning of June. Then I will go back to work for a couple of weeks in June and then I am off for the summer. That is one of the benefits of working for the school system.
Caroline is not even here and I have already made so many plans for us I have signed her up for swimming lessons, library storytelling and I have renewed our membership to the zoo. Can you tell I am a first time mom?
Nara and I have had the best time hanging her clothes up. I have waited years to be able to make that room her room. I think Nara is just about as excited! Nara insisted that I practice putting on a diaper on her stuffed animal. It was not that hard. I think I will be ok.
Rick has been busy installing new closet doors, and putting together furniture.
I have two showers to attend in the next week and a lot of packing to do not to mention a lot to do at work before I can leave.
The last several days have been a blur of preparing. I could not help but think about Caroline and wonder what she has been doing. We have waited years for her and she has no idea her world is getting ready to change. Well, I guess she will find out soon that we have a lots of love and several adventures ahead.

1 comment:

Barbara Ann said...

Congratulations on your beautiful Fengcheng baby! I "stumbled" across your blog and was happy to see your daughter is from the same SWI and city as our youngest (now 5). You MUST hire a car and go to Fengcheng (only 90 minutes from Nanchang) just to see the city. Our Fengcheng girl was our 2nd adoption and I felt like we really saw more of the "real" China during that crazy ride - water buffalo, duck farms, rice fields, rich scenery and poor dwellings on the outskirts of the city. Please feel free to email if you have any ?'s - my email is sandbar86 @ aol.com. BTW, a 2nd coincidence is that we also share the same wedding anniversary date! We will look forward to following your journey - hopefully you will receive photos of the foster mom or foster family on adoption day! Barbara