Friday, November 21, 2008

Waiting for Caroline.

Some one e-mailed my blog last week and wanted to know how long we have been waiting for Caroline. So I thought I would answer the question on my blog

Rick and I decided to adopt in March of 2006. We started collecting all of our paperwork for the adoption process that summer and fall. We sent everything to our agency in December of 2006. We were officially put on the waiting list (our LID date) March 26, 2007. At the time of our LID we were told that we would wait 12 months. Here it is almost 2009 and we still wait…..

1 comment:

Denise Grover Swank said...

I feel, or felt, your pain. I was LID 4/5/07. I knew the wait was getting longer as I frantically paperchased trying to beat the May 1 deadline (I'm single now) but it hit me full force once my dossier was went to my agency. Ultimately I completed an adoption from Vietnam while I still waited and then switched to Special Needs last April, one year later.

If you are set on NSN (and I have 2 NSN adoptions so no criticism from me!) the good news is that many people are switching to SN which thins out the waiters. Hoping things start moving quickly for you!