Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Best Plans......

Rick, Nara and I started the day of with packed plans. Nara and I were going to meet my sister and niece early this morning to walk in the Susan G Komen walk http://ww5.komen.org/. As the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, I think it is important to support such a great cause. In the car, before the walk Nara started complaining of a stomach ache. I thought she was just being a drama queen. I told her to suck it up she was just tired. As we pulled into to park she threw up. I still thought she was being a drama queen. Nara kept telling me that she was fine and she wanted to walk. I think she was trying to please me. Finally right before the race started my sister convinced me that she was really sick. Needless to say, I feel like a horrible step-mom. We are home now and she is in bed sleeping. I hope it is just a 24 hour virus. As she crawled into bed she told me that she was sorry and that she would be ready for next year’s walk.

1 comment:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Poor Nara! And no guilt for you! If Nara is anything like my Julia, it's really hard to tell when she's being a bit dramatic or she really feels poorly. That is so incredibly sweet that she felt so bad about preventing your walk. What a sweet girl!