Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Weekend

Part of our weekend was a lot of fun. Rick Devon, Nara and I all spent Friday night as my parent’s house. We went out to dinner and then came home for a late night swim. However, this was a weekend of lots of emotions. Rick and I have a house that we rent out. Several months ago the tenant moved out (without paying). The man left a huge mess for us to clean up. The cleanup has been going on for several months and we are both emotionally exhausted Several weeks ago we arranged to have the new carpet put in. We thought we were getting this great deal. When we checked on the carpet we realized that the carpet installation was not complete. We could not get in touch with the handy man who had given us “the great deal” He was nowhere to be found. Our super friend Joey came by on Saturday to finish the carpet for us. Joey was great but Joey let us know that the guy had cut the carpet to short and we did not have much hope. By Sunday we had come to the realization that our new carpet was going to have to be pulled up and we were going to have to start over. As one can imagine I was devastated.
I was sad most of Sunday and really pretty disgusted. I could not believe that someone would really mess us up in such a dishonest way. However on Monday I kept reminding myself that life was going to have ups and downs and I just had to get over this and move on. I reminded myself of all the great things in my life. So I have made a point this week to remember all the things I am thankful for.

No comments: